With such a broad therapeutic scope, plus significant leaps being made rapidly in biotechnology, neuromodulation is set to be an area of continuing major growth in coming years. So, we wanted to delve deeper into this exciting field, exploring clinical uses, challenges and future directions through a range of interviews, journal articles and expert opinions.
Below you can find all the content associated with this Spotlight – we’ll be adding to it frequently, so be sure to keep checking back. You can also follow the latest Spotlight content by searching #NCneuromodulation on Twitter and following us at @neuro_central.
You can find the rest of our Spotlights here.
Exclusive interviews, reviews and opinions
- Expanding the boundaries of deep brain stimulation
- How can we regenerate the traumatically injured spinal cord?
- Sonogenetics – a new approach to manipulating neurons noninvasively
- Understanding the brain with sonogenetics: Interview with Sreekanth Chalasani
Recent neuromodulation headlines
- Epidural stimulation therapy helps paralyzed patient regain movement
- Deep brain stimulation offers a possible alternate therapy for depression
- Electrical stimulation could provide pain relief alternative for migraines
- Spinal stimulator shows promise for improved hand function in spinal injury patient
- Deep brain stimulation: the future of chronic pain relief?
- SfN2016: New, noninvasive stimulation technique for deep brain structures revealed, could treat Parkinson’s disease symptoms
- Novel technology for brain stimulation
- Neuromodulation: a focus on dorsal root ganglion stimulation
- A systematic review on the treatment of phantom limb pain with spinal cord stimulation
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation: current status of evidence
- Deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease: current status and future outlook
- Alzheimer’s disease: a novel application for deep-brain stimulation?