In this latest edition of NCTalks, Lauren Pulling (Publisher) speaks to Giovanni Baranello, a Pediatric Neurologist working at the Carlo Besta Neurological Institute (Milan, Italy). Giovanni is the principal investigator of the FIREFISH clinical trial, a preliminary study investigating the safety and efficacy of RO7034067 in infants with type 1 spinal muscular atrophy.
In this podcast recorded at the American Academy of Neurology’s 70th Annual Meeting (April 21–27, CA, USA), Giovanni speaks about the FIREFISH trial and the mechanisms of RO7034067. Giovanni also discusses part II of the study and what the next steps include and where the field could be in 5–10 years’ time.
Want more from the American Academy of Neurology’s 70th Annual Meeting? Read the latest news articles and listen to our interviews below:
- AAN 2018: Novel therapy for ‘difficult-to-treat’ migraines revealed
- AAN 2018: Investigational drug offers hope for spinal muscular atrophy
- AAN 2018: Nerve stimulation device may help relieve essential tremors in the hand
- NCTalks with Alexander Rae-Grant: a new guideline for multiple sclerosis treatment
- NCTalks with Robert Fox: current landscape and potential treatment regimens for ibudilast in MS
- NCTalks with Aleksandar Videnovic: what does a career in clinical trials involve?